Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Give It All Now

I like the point Max Lucado made in Monday's devotion, Follow God's Impulses. He quoted from Annie Dillard's book, The Writing Life.
"Do not hoard what seems good for a later place in the book, or for another book--give it, give it all, give it now."
While this is good advice for writers, it is great encouragement for life. Don't hold back. Give it all you got. Do it now. I am amazed that when I give it all today, God keeps blessing me so I have more to give tomorrow and the next day, whether it's money, time or talent. It's a mystery to this world, but a principle of my faith.
Each of you should give what you have decided in your heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver. (2 Corinthians 9:7 NIV)

Thank you, Father God, for creating us in Your image so that we find pleasure in giving. Help us not to hold back but to give generously. Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment