Attention Sunrise Christian Writers. This opportunity is just for you! Are you grateful for an experience, accomplishment or relationship? Has God moved in your heart and filled you with gratitude? Think how your story could inspire someone else to appreciate golden opportunities and blessings. Write a devotional story about gratitude and base it on a Scripture from the Psalms or Proverbs. Submit it to Sunrise Christian Writers for their third annual anthology titled “Gratitude.”
- Pick a creative title, something to grab the reader/editor's attention and keep them reading.
- Write a powerful hook in the first sentence or paragraph.
- Develop your story with application to a Psalm or Proverb.
- Write a conclusion that will inspire readers to think about your devotional a long time after they read it.
- Write your story in 500 words or less.
- Use the Sunrise Christian Writers submission template.
- Start your devotional in the middle of the first page.
- Double-space your manuscript.
- Use one-inch margins top, bottom, left and right.
- Stories for our Gratitude Devotional must go through our critique process.
- Submit as many devotional stories as you like. They can be humorous or serious. You can use fictional anecdotes or personal experience stories.
- Submit your devotional stories by April 1, 2016 for printing by June 1, 2016.
We look forward to reading your stories and sharing them with our friends and families. May God bless you as you create your idea and develop your story for His glory.